With that in mind, here are two great mustard-based recipes for you to try out, from Colman’s Mustard. Colman’s has been around for over 200 years and is “Queen Approved.”
Tangy Mustard-Crusted Steak Fries
• 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, about 1 ½ pounds
• 6 shallots, peeled and left whole
• 3 tbsp. olive oil
• 2 tbsp. Colman’s Original Prepared Mustard
• 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds
• 1 tsp. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Halve the potatoes and cut each half lengthwise into 4 wedges. Spray a roasting pan with nonstick spray.
2. Toss together the potatoes, shallots, oil, Colman’s Original Prepared Mustard, cumin, and salt in a large bowl. Spread the potato mixture in a single layer into the roasting pan, placing potatoes cut side down. Roast until the bottoms of the potatoes are crisp and golden, 15 – 20 minutes. Turn the potatoes with a metal spatula and roast until tender and crisp on the other side, 10 – 15 minutes longer.
BBQ Dry rub – perfect for seasoning meats and veggies!
1/3 cup Garlic Powder
1 1/2 tbsp Cumin, ground
2 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
1 tbsp Cayenne
¼ cup Colman’s mustard powder
1/4 cup Cinnamon or canella, ground
2 cup La Colombe Decaf. Espresso, ground
1 1/2 cup Salt, kosher
1/2 cup Black Pepper, ground
Mix all together in a bowl and store in a sealed jar in a cool, dry place.
To use, rub on meat, fish or vegetable and let sit for at least 3 hours for meat, or 30 minutes for fish or vegetables.