Per Zicasso, the organizer:
The Spirits of Japan tour; a brand new, 12 day private journey that celebrates the Japanese spirit in its pursuit of perfection, manifested in some of the most unrivaled culinary and distilling mastery. Each day of this journey serves a taste of perfection. Start with a visit to the world’s best single malt whiskey distillery and culminate with a dinner at the world’s most coveted three Michelin star sushi restaurant, Sukiyabashi Jiro, paired with private tours of treasured sites and majestic gardens that continue to stand as a testament of the country’s skillful artisans and craftsmen.
The world was shocked last year when Japan’s oldest whiskey distillery, Suntory Yamazaki, won the title of the world’s best single malt whiskey in Jim Murray’s 2015 Whisky Bible for its Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013. While it may be the most recent recognition of Japanese flawlessness, this tour digs deeper and includes visits to: master distilleries like the Miyagikyo Distillery, voted Distillery of the Year in 2015 and famous for the award winning Nikka malt whiskies, a tour through the sake breweries that date as far back as the 1600’s in Kyoto and Takayama and a tour of Osaka’s leading beer breweries.
No local nor seasonal flavors such as kaiseki, sushi and tsukemen will be left behind on this journey through Japan’s treasured destinations, Tokyo, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto and Osaka with an epically delectable ending on the last day with a dinner at what is considered the best sushi restaurant in the world – the coveted three Michelin star Sukiyabashi Jiro.
“The Japanese have a unique culture of pursuing perfection. We believe this private tour breaks new ground in allowing Westerners to experience Japanese perfection through its spirits, food, architecture, and more,” said Steve Yu, Director of Marketing & Business Development at Zicasso. “From the intricate smooth notes of the world’s best single malt whiskey to the perfect sushi, the spirit of Japan is on display through every mouthful, sip and sight that embody the dedication and craftsmanship of its master distillers, artisans, and chefs.”
- A tour of Suntory Yamazaki Distillery, its Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 winning the lauded title “World’s Best Single Malt Whiskey” in Jim Murray’s 2015 Whisky Bible.
- Dinner at the world’s most coveted three Michelin star sushi restaurant, Sukiyabashi Jiro.
- A tour through sake breweries that date as far back as the 1600’s in Kyoto and Takayama.
- Visit the renowned Miyagikyo Distillery, famous for the award winning Nikka malt whiskies, and recently voted whiskey Distiller of the Year for 2015 by the International Spirits Challenge.
- Tour two of Osaka’s leading beer breweries: the Asahi brewery, birthplace of the #1 selling beer in Japan and Minoh Brewery, known for producing some of the world’s best stouts, porters, and IPAs .
- Dinner at Giro Giro, a modern kaiseki restaurant, famous for plating seasonal ingredients infused with Japanese and European techniques.
- Dinner at a multi-award winning ramen at Fu-Unji in Tokyo.
- Private guided tours of Tokyo, Takayama, Kanazawa, Kyoto, and Osaka including, serene gardens, castles, and UNESCO World Heritage sites.
For detailed itinerary see here;
(all photographs above used with permission of Zicasso, from the Zicasso site)