Smashed Brussels Sprouts
These days brussels sprouts are most often enjoyed after having been roasted or baked. Adorned with olive oil and salt and pepper, brussels sprouts cooked this way a delicious and hard to resist. However, sometimes you want a different way of eating of this vegetable favorite, and eating boiled brussel sprouts as they did back in the 1950s is not an option. Fortunately, we have discovered a new recipe for brussels sprouts, where they’re boiled and baked and smothered in cheese.
- Brussels sprouts
- Grated cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional: garlic powder
- Heat oven to 425°
- Cook brussels sprouts on top of stove boiling water for 10 minutes
- Spread wax paper across the surface of an oven safe Baking tray
- Drain brussels sprouts, and spread evenly on top of the wax paper
- Using the back of a tablespoon gently smash down each brussels sprout until somewhat flat
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and garlic powder on top of the brussels sprouts
- Lightly drizzle brussels sprouts with olive oil
- Sprinkle grated cheese across the tops of the brussels sprouts
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the oven.