Going to a food festival is always a great opportunity. Being able to test a new type of camera while there is basically icing on the cake. In this case, it was the Insta360 Nano. The Insta360 shoots pictures and HD video in 360 degrees. The images can be used in Virtual Reality (VR) goggles, as well as on sites such as YouTube.
A food festival like Eat Drink SF is the perfect place, because you have a wide variety of food and drink, and lot of people and places to capture.
We set up our camera at various partner tables around the event, and produced short 30 second 360 degree videos from each. The quality of the initial videos were impressive, although we have to admit that after editing, export, and upload to YouTube they did lose a fair amount of resolution.
If you couldn’t go, or even if you could, take a look at what we saw.
In the spotlight:
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: REBBL
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Fine Cooking Magazine
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Blue Diamond, Almond Breeze
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Temple Rye
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: China Live and Lillet
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Don Julio
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: (name?)
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Tratto
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Lillet
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Mixologists
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: House Spirits Distillery
- 360 View of Eat Drink SF: Blue Stem Brasserie
ABOUT EAT DRINK SF:
San Francisco’s premier food, wine, beer, and spirits festival. Eat Drink SF (fka SF Chefs) returns for its 9th year to celebrate the Bay Area’s world-class culinary community. The festival is four days of delicious events featuring our four signature Grand Tasting experiences that highlight 160+ restaurants and 70+ breweries, wineries, and distilleries throughout the weekend. Guests meet the area’s top chefs, taste their way through more than 35 creative bites from restaurants around the Bay Area (each Grand Tasting features different restaurants), enjoy unlimited pours of wine, beer, and cocktails, learn about wine in the SF Wine School’s classroom, watch demonstrations on the main stage, play giant lawn games in our Backyard Bites zone, and be part of this quintessentially San Francisco celebration of flavor.